Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15s-du1034-tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I was having "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible to windows hello ". So, I uninstalled the finger print device for fixing this problem by reinstalling it. Then I went to "https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15s-du1000-laptop-pc-series/29159337/model/32953...  and downloaded the drivers that it showed for my laptop's model fingerprint device. I downloaded and installed these, but none of them is working. It shows error " driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.19042)" 

Please! Help me out.

Thank You!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

My issue is pretty much like your one.

My model is HP 15-DW1069NL

Since must be managed by a School, I had to load the Win Enterprise/Education edition,   version 1709,  build 16299.192.

In Device Management, both  Video Controller and Intel High Definition DSP  have not been recognised by Operating System.

The outcome is that the Audio, the TouchPad and the Discrete Video Controller don't work at all.

The installation of the specific model drivers, available on Italian HP site,  failed with the message:

"The Driver is not supported in this OS version (10.0.16299)"

The Italian Technical Support , contacted via WhatApp, wrote me they don't give support for WIN 10 Enterprise Edition and invited me to contact Microsoft for those drivers.

I escalated the case, but instead of putting me in contact with a Senior Engineer for understanding whose  WIN 10  Enterprise version might work with HP drivers, they asked me to talk with the legal office.

Reading your email it is apparent that neither 1709, that is a quite old build, nor  20H2, that is the latest build, are supported by the current version of HP drivers. It would be beneficial knowing the edition of WIN 10  (Home, Pro, Enterprise) of your case.

I hope we receive some instruction on the proper version of Win 10 Enterprise edition compatible with the proprietary HP drivers.

Any help is welcome!

BESPYP

HP Recommended

I have the same issue please help me with the problem's solution that drivers not supported which I have installeed from hp support drivers website .

HP Recommended

@AbhishekJain1 

The fact of the matter is that build 19042 is Windows 10 V20H2 and HP has not released any information, nor are they providing any schedules, regarding when they plan to release drivers for that new version of Windows.

Sorry, but there is no more information on this at this time.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.