Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp omen dc1030nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello...in my hap laptop in omen control center i cant find fan toggle button? isnt this availabe for my laptop?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Fady9Makled Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to find the fan toggle button.

I would like to inform you that the fan function is system managed and there is no option or settings (apart from turning it off/On in BIOS) to manually start or stop the fan. 

If you wish you can boot the computer into the Bios and check if you do have an option to turn on or OFF.

That said, if the fan is noisy and spins constantly, here's what you need to do:

Updating your Notebook computer BIOS

After computers are released, HP may distribute an updated BIOS to manage the fan, CPU power loads, and other components. To see if there is a newer BIOS update, you should determine what version of the BIOS is currently installed on your computer, and then determine if there is a more recent version available.

For complete information on finding your current BIOS version as well as instruction for updating your notebook computer BIOS, see Updating the BIOS  

Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean

Electrical components inside the computer generate heat while the computer is running. This heat can increase to the point where sensitive electronic components are damaged.

When heat builds up, the fan spins faster to remove the excess heat and thus makes more noise. Notebook computers have vents in the bottom and sides to remove heat, allowing air to flow through the case. If the vents become blocked, the fan cannot cool the components properly (and must spin even faster). If there is dust in the vents, use a can of compressed air to blow dust out of the area inside vents. When the computer is turned on, place it on a hard, level surface keeping the vent areas unobstructed. Using your notebook computer on a cloth surface, such as your lap, a bed, or couch cushion, can block the air flow and cause overheating.

For more information see Reducing Heat Inside the PC

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.