Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. How can I find hardware and audio drivers at HP - detection verification, pci data acquisition and signal processing controller, and - pci device ? I know they have numbers, but don't know how to find them. I also don't want to use external software to locate the drivers. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the full model number or product number of your notebook.

Use this guide to find that information...

How to Find Your HP Laptop Model Number (Video) | HP® Tech Takes

The detection verification device needs the Realtek audio driver installed from your notebook' support page..

The other two devices could be installed by one of a few drivers.  

Please post the hardware ID's for the pci data acquisition and signal processing controller, and pci device.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

HP Recommended

The type of computer is pavilion 15 intel core I7 8th gen windows 10 home 64 bit.

So I have found the driver's numbers according to the instructions on the website. The problem is that in the first one there is one line. But in the two other,  there are 4 lines in each. Do I need to find drivers for each line? Where can I find the drivers online? The HP website did not find the first driver according to the code.

Is it necessary to update these drivers?

Will switching to Windows 11 prevent the need to install these drivers?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can just post the top line for each device.

Here's what you can do...for the pci data acquisition and signal processing controller, try this driver and restart the PC.

Intel Chipset Installation Utility

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101171.exe 

If that one doesn't install the device, this one should.

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95216.exe

HP Recommended

The windows is 22H2.

What about the Detection Verification ? 

How do I search the website of the drivers at all ?  There is no search option in there. (It's for my next format...)

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There are two versions of Windows 22H2.

Windows 10 22H2, and Windows 11 22H2.

Are you running W10 22H2 or W11 22H2?

You did not provide any of the information I requested, such as the full model number or product number of your notebook.

You did not provide the hardware ID's for the devices that need drivers.

You did not let me know if the drivers I gave you to install the pci data acquisition and signal processing controller worked or not.

I already informed you that the Detection Verification driver is installed by the Realtek audio driver on your notebook's support page.

But since I don't know what model notebook you have; it is impossible for me to direct you to your notebook's support page with the drivers on it.

Sorry, but I feel like no progress is being made, and unless you provide the information I have requested, there is nothing more that I can do to help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.