Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp EliteBook 840 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get repeated reminders from HP Client Security to install the firefox extension for the password manager. Haven’t been able to find out how to do this.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EJe2017

Open your Client Security software to the Dashboard (main window when program opens) >

Password Manager icon > tab Browser Integration

Select from list: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox > Install Extension

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur, that's exactly what I did, but I can't click on firefox, it's just listed. Could there be a problem with the HP Security installation?

HP Recommended

@EJe2017

@EJe2017 wrote:

Hi Dragon-Fur, that's exactly what I did, but I can't click on firefox, it's just listed. Could there be a problem with the HP Security installation?

Yes, there could always be something going on with your Client Security.   ??

For your computer, there is no newer Client Security than the one listed in your Software and Driver page.  Nonetheless, it is an older version so I guess it could be "problematic".

Reference

HP EliteBook 840 G4 Notebook PC - Software and Drivers

TEST...

Running on ZBook 17 G3:

Client Security V9.3.3.16 (one older than the latest version available for this system)

Partial test on Firefox 49.0.2 (64bit) and full test on Firefox V55.0.3 (64bit)

Click on Firefox in Client Security > Password Manager > Browser Integration) > opens Firefox > offers Add-on

Firefox balked a bit and I had to "Allow" the add-on (crossmatch error) to install onto Firefox.

Side Bar:                                                                                                                                                     

Add-on install error... No biggie -- and I doubt this is related in the sense that Client Security is not even letting you "click" the add-on button in Browser Integration. 

Nonetheless, IF you do have things like Ghostery or NoScript installed on Firefox, consider disengaging these to see if it makes a difference.  (You may have to actually Restart the computer and log in to make sure the extension(s) are disabled.)

===============================================================

Once the Add-on is installed, the setup (website login user/password page) looks a bit odd since I am actually using a different Web-login security software (so one is overlaying the other).  The Client Security icon does show up on the website userid login screen that I used as a test login.

Of note:  I do NOT have Sure Key defined / set-up and I do not use BIOS login on the test machine.

So?  Perhaps try:

Update (or verify update version) Firefox to 55.0.3 

Restart the computer and log in

Open Client Security > Password Manager > Browser Integration and try again.

If I find anything actually useful to your situation, I will post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I dragon fur I tried your suggestion but i receive this error message  (sorry it's italian, it basically says it's not a safe connection so it can't be shown).

Connessione sicura non riuscita

Si è verificato un errore durante la connessione a 127.0.0.1:9001. Impossibile stabilire una connessione sicura con il peer: non esistono algoritmi crittografici in comune. Codice di errore: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

It's quite annoying receiving the alert message every 15 minutes or so on. HOW CAN I DISABLE THIS?

HP Recommended

@filifo 

This is an old thread (a bit less than two years at this writing) - details aside, much has changed in the two years since the initial inquiry.

For lack of better (different) information, using the original notebook identity:

HP EliteBook 840 G4 Notebook PC - Software and Drivers

Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Driver

HP Client Security Manager

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Firefox is now (at this writing) at version 66.0.3 (64bit) and is available here:

Firefox Quantum - enUS

Scroll to bottom of page to change language

Although I do not ordinarily use Client Security (I have other security software installed), I was able to install the Client Security extension using the "bypass" procedure in Firefox.

I have provided an example (below).

Remember: 

• This example is based on my English / USA installation of Firefox - the whole setup may be subject to a different set of rules and regulations in other regions (locations on the planet).  
  • Nothing is implied about how / whether / if the products will respond in your environment (OS, region, versions, setup).

Example - Add Client Security Extension to Firefox

Client_Security_Password_Manager_Browser_1Client_Security_Password_Manager_Browser_1 

Client_Security_Firefox_Extension_1aClient_Security_Firefox_Extension_1a

Client_Security_Firefox_Extension_1cClient_Security_Firefox_Extension_1c

Client_Security_Firefox_Extension_1dClient_Security_Firefox_Extension_1d

Client_Security_Firefox_Extension_1eClient_Security_Firefox_Extension_1e

Client_Security_Firefox_Extension_1fClient_Security_Firefox_Extension_1f

Although the setup shown in the examples is successful in my system, there may be mitigating factors (repeating reminder):

• Operating System and Version may impact the setup  (Windows 10 Pro - most recent build at this writing)
  • Regional differences may impact the way the software works for you  (Western USA)
  • Version of Client Security may impact the results, though this is less likely than other factors (V9.3.15.2651)
  • Your security software settings and the settings in Firefox may contribute to success or failure (Generally standard - details not available to public view)
  • Other security software on the system (Premier version of purchased security software known to be supportive of Firefox)

If you have further questions, I do recommend that you start you own thread so you can benefit from the eyes of the community.  Tagging on old threads limits the scope of your viewing audience.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.