Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw0000ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,
i bought ssd disk in m2 slot. The operating system sees and supports it, but it is not displayed in the BIOS. I want to start the operating system from it, but I cannot set the priority in the BIOS.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@konareika 

You can see the NVMe SSD in Windows because it has native drivers that support it.  But that does not mean you can boot from it.

For that to happen, your PC has to boot using UEFI, not BIOS, the NVME drive and install media have to be formatted GPT, and the install media has to support UEFI boot.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Now another problem) SSD and HDD began to appear in the BIOS alternately. Then, with one boot, he sees only ssd and runs through it, and with another he sees only hdd and starts from it, respectively. I don't know where I messed up, but even if I disconnect one of the disks on Windows, the above is repeated

HP Recommended

@konareika 

Sounds like loose connections inside the laptop if drives are coming and going.  I don't know what else to suggest.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.