Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hp pavillion.  when i try to send a page to someone, i get a message that says: "there is no email program associated to perform the requested action, please install an email program or, if one is already installed create an association in the default programs control panel"

i'm sorry i don't know where else to find information to provide about my system. my brother gave me this computer brand new.  only i have used it .     it is touch screen or pc mode.  

i can't even send a photograph or document. it's like my email address won't connect to the internet.  

please please help me

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ally337 

To use email, you must have an email Service Provider, unless you are using Gmail. 

If you are using Gmail, then you need to open a Browser, launch the Gmail webpage, and login to your account.

If not using Gmail, the email service, which is usually bundled with your Internet service, will require you to have an email account with them.  You either login to that account using a Browser, or you use an email application installed on your PC. Since only THEY know the settings you need to get email working on your PC, you will need to contact the service provider to get that information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@ally337 

Edits - Update Content - "Product Home"

and

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Reminder:  Never post the serial number or any private information in the Community – we are a public resource.

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

The message means that you need to add your email address to a mail program installed on your computer.

Without any context (unknown Operating System / version, printer model, software / program, scan or print...),

We can provide a generic answer.

Start HERE

HP Printers - Printing Documents (Windows)

and here...

HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

If you are using HP Smart for Windows,

Add your mail address to Windows Mail

HP Smart for Windows

HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

NOTES: 

• Website includes the HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues
  • Latest versions of HP Smart require that you be signed into the application with your HP Account credentials.

Example 1 - HP Smart - Windows - Scan to Email 

HP_Smart_W10_Start_Screen_4HP_Smart_W10_Start_Screen_4HP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1HP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1HP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1aHP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1aHP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1cHP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1cHP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1bHP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1b

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Product Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you. I am trying to become better friends with technology. I am trying to locate the name and model number and other information you mentioned. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.