Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
topcat1813
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do I activate the front set of mouse buttons?

HP ProBook 650 G1 Base Model Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop has two sets of mousepad click buttons, one in front of and one set to the rear of the mousepad.  Presently, only the rear set of buttons is active. The front set does nothing when they are clicked. Yesterday, somehow the situation became reversed such that the rear set of buttons went inactive and the front set began working. I prefer that set up. 

The help screens on HP for my model, found using my serial number, show a mousepad with only one set of mouse buttons. There is no information on how to work with my laptdop's mousepad buttons. 

There must be some easy way to switch the configuration so the front set of mousepad buttons are active. I suppose I must have accidentally click a couple of keys yesterday which effected that change, and then did the same today to switch them back. But I don't know what I may have done, and I can find no information about my laptop's configuration or how to change the setup the way I want it. 

Can anyone offer any advice on this, or direct me to a manual which shows the type of mousepad with two sets of buttons?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation