Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laptop

my SN# is [Personal Information Removed]

i am playing skyrim and the mods keep crashing i use votex the mod i am having trouble with is summerset isle.  i did some research and it seems that it requires 1 GB of VRAM but i only have 150mb how do i allocate more memory to VRAM?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jollyrodger8 

I don't know what is your machine but Integrated video (iGPU) does not have room for keep VRAM, it relies on System. System will work this out and allocate/assign spare/available system RAM to VRAM automatically when required up to max limit. System will also take VRAM back when required (the number is dynamic, not fix). During the good old days, we could do this from BIOS but now OS is smarter.

The following document shows Max shared RAM for Intel iGPU versions

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html

Note: Recently people post Youtube on internet saying they can change using Regedit. Many people try but the results are unpredictable.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

BIOS would have to support changing iGPU RAM reservation. This is a legacy setting, but I've found that it helps with older applications (some newer ones too) that have issues when detecting the "dedicated" portion BIOS sets based on installed RAM. This can be 128-512MB.

I know desktop AMD SoCs allow changes to this. Not sure about Intel. For some reason, HP doesn't put the setting in their BIOSes. AMD allows up to 2GB to be reserved. Technically, this will waste RAM, since it's only available to iGPU, but if it fixes problems, I don't have an issue with that.

You'd think games would know that iGPU's memory is all system memory, but there are still issues. Most new games don't have that many problems, but older ones definitely need an adjustable iGPU reservation in BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.