Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,

i want to reduce the brightness of the keyboard lightning and if possible change the lighte(currently only red is available).

i installed omen command center but the option to customize the lightning does not appear.Capture.PNG

when i searched for drivers on hp website it said that my system is OMEN by HP - 17-an053ng while hp support assistent it says that it is OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx. afterwards HP is compiling your results took more than 20 minutes so i gave up on it. i want to know how much i can customize this keyboard but the most important is how to reduce  the brightness.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vlad1111p

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@vlad1111p

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

This video shows how to use the HP OMEN Control Software to customize the gaming keyboard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9qN_O86k14

To customize the lighting zones for a user profile, complete the following steps.

1. Select the Lighting tab.

Figure : Selecting the Lighting tab

Selecting the Lighting tab
  2. On the keyboard image, click the lighting zone you want to customize.

Figure : Selecting a lighting zone from the keyboard image

Selecting a lighting zone from the keyboard image

You can also select the lighting zone from the drop-down menu. To do this, click the down arrow () in the Center box and select the zone.

Figure : Selecting the lighting zone from the drop-down menu

Selecting the lighting zone from the drop-down menu
  3. To change the zone color, click the color box below Center, select a new color from the color palette, and then click OK.

Figure : Selecting a new color

Selecting a new color
  4. Repeat these steps for each lighting zone you want to change for each user profile.

TIP: You can also select one colour and apply it to all the lighting zones at once.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i downloaded HP OMEN Control Software from an hp site, but i dont think this software is made for my laptop. i tried using it, change the colors of the keyboard, but on my physical keyboard nothing actually changed. Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

@vlad1111p

Let's uninstall HP OMEN command center: Click Start. Click the Settings icon. Select Apps. Locate the OMEN Command Center, and click Uninstall.

And install software from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-17-an000-laptop-pc/15551440/mo...

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Extremely sorry for the late reply. I have tried doing this, but I had the same issue. It had almost the same layout as the new omen command center from Microsoft store, but it did not include the keyboard lightning effects. And again, I apologize for the late response. it was incredibly rude from my part. 

HP Recommended

@vlad1111p

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.