05-31-2017 01:17 PM
Recently bought the HP Pavilion x360 with Win 10 and would like to transfer files from either my previous notebook (HP Notebook with Vista OS) or from HP Simplesave external HD which has the files from the VistaOS and also files from another notebook with XP OS backups- whichever would be easier. Please help.
05-31-2017 02:00 PM
This is very simple. Please plug your external HDD to USB port on your new x360 and open File Explorer (old Windows Explorer).
The external HDD will turn up as a drive and you can move/copy selected files/folders from your external HDD to your new x360.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
09-21-2019 09:35 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!