Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook -
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello i am a gamer so i need to use the f keys in some games BUT i can't use the f keys in game because it lower my brightness mess with my sound and more.

so how do i change the f keys so to reach the deafult option i will have to press the fn button AND the f key?

thank you very much! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It can start pretty quickly :generic:

Try the following method.

Hold down the left Shift key as you click on Shutdown to temporarily prevent hybrid boot.

Leave the notebook shutdown for 10 seconds.

Start tapping the esc key continuously as soon as you press the power button ( don't wait for the prompt ) and see if this will access the Startup menu - if it does, select f10 to enter the Bios Menu.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can change the default action as follows.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( f10 ), then make the change shown in the document on the following link.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02035108&DocLang=en&docLocale=en_US&...

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

thank you i tried what you said i shut down the computer and turned it on again pressed esc when the screen was black and in the corner it said "press esc to access control panel" but it didn't enter the control panel just proceeded to turn on as usual i tried it 3 times and it didn't work maybe the compouter is turning on to fast idk please help.

HP Recommended

tried again with the f10 key like said in the link it just won't work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

It can start pretty quickly :generic:

Try the following method.

Hold down the left Shift key as you click on Shutdown to temporarily prevent hybrid boot.

Leave the notebook shutdown for 10 seconds.

Start tapping the esc key continuously as soon as you press the power button ( don't wait for the prompt ) and see if this will access the Startup menu - if it does, select f10 to enter the Bios Menu.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

thank you i will try this!

HP Recommended

it worked!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and that's good to hear :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.