Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-r004ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i wiped my laptop about 2 years ago and havent used it since but ive started using it again for college and i cant seem to use the gpu 820m it doesnt show on my device manager and trying to download the driver from hp website gives me a "this file is corrupted please check its integrity" and downloading from nvidia says "nvidia could not detect hardware" or something along those lines what do i do?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it only came with the onboard Intel HD graphics, which would be the reason why the Nvidia graphics driver won't install.

HP 15-r004ne Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

what no i specificially remember it had a nvidia gpu i bought it in 2015 and the nvidia gpu was working fine

was it redacted or something?

HP Recommended

I can only go by what the specs indicate...it never came with the Nvidia graphics, and that is all anyone else here will be able to tell you.

If it had come with the Nvidia graphics adapter, and the adapter failed and completely disappeared from the device manager, the Intel graphics would not work right and you would not be able to do anything like adjust the screen brightness, put the PC in sleep mode, etc.

The graphics would be horrible.

HP Recommended

https://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/hp-15-r004ne-notebook-pc-15-6-inch-intel-core-i5-4gb-ram-500gb-hdd-2gb-...

^ here this is the product

also on the driver page 

under graphics theres 2 intel and 1 nvidia so it definitely has a driver

HP Recommended

yea theres definitely a 820m chip on the laptop man

HP Recommended

HP puts the drivers for both GPU's on the support pages for every 15-r0xx notebook whether or not the actual model came with the Nvidia graphics.

The specs you posted are not the official ones from HP that I posted.

I  ask these questions...

Can you adjust the screen brightness?  Yes or No?

Can you change the screen resolution?  Yes or No?

Can you put the PC in sleep mode? Yes or No?

Is the Intel HD graphics adapter the only one listed in the device manager under the display adapters device manager category?  Yes or No?

If yes to all 4 questions, then your notebook did not come with the Nvidia graphics.

If no to any of the above questions, then it is possible your PC came with the Nvidia graphics, but the adapter has probably failed and the motherboard would have to be replaced in order to fix the problem.

These specs also indicate that your notebook does not have the Nvidia graphics...

| 91mobiles.com

Buy For
  • Powerful CPU
  • Latest Windows OS
  • SuperMulti optical drive
Beware of
  • Low screen resolution
  • Integrated graphics unit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.