Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I was offered another update from Windows Update on January 7

HP Inc - SoftwareComponent - 2.1.16.30156

It appears to be to be the wireless button driver.

I installed this and put everything back to the state when the problem started. The high CPU and memory usage has not re-occurred. This is not my main computer, so it is not used intensively.

The installed driver was 2.1.8.1 dating from 2018. There have been several updates to it since then. Neither HP Support Assistant nor Windows Update had applied them.

HP Recommended

Restarting the service 'HP Hotkey UWP Service' solved it for me while it happened. It never happened again since.

HP Recommended

Hi @AtaSmrk 

not all business laptops are affected but if your Elitebook is affected you should revert the driver.

HP Recommended

Hi, How to prevent auto update of drive UWP in windows update? Because Windows auto-update UWP driver at last version but i affect from bug (Heat memory).

Thanks for your time

HP Recommended

@iCivy 

Usually when you do the rollback, it gives you several options to choose from, select the first one.

Windows should not be updated again, only in case windows is updated by a cumulative update, but in this case you rollback.

But HP is already working on a fix for this isuee. It will be available soon

HP Recommended

I have Probook 470 G5 with same problem.I returned old driver.Now i have: version 8.10.14.1 Look good.

I hope HP know the problem,and do something

HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks a lot for your post!

I have the same problem as mentioned above, only that mine is a ProBook 430 G4. 

I followed your instruction but I found that my driver already is version 8.10.14.1. However, the problem still exists... 

HP Recommended

Did you verify that it's the HP Hotkey UWP Service that's blowing up your memory?  Did you try the previous recommendation to set the HP Hotkey UWP Service to "Manual"?   That worked for me until I rolled back the driver version.

HP Recommended

No, HP Hotkey UWP Service DESTROY my HP Elitebook 840 G3:

Using 50% of my i7 processor, 15Gb of my ram. this bug has still not been patched

HP Recommended

Hi, this exe needsup to 6GB RAM, 95% of resources...!!!!

WIN+X, DEVICE MANAGER,SOFTWARE COMPONENTS, HP LAN...HOTKEYSERVICE.PROPERTIES.DRIVER.ROLL BACK...

HP- LAN/WLAN/WWAN Switching and Hot Key Service

See the version of the driver that should be:   8.10.23.1

Then revert to the driver to version 8.10.14.1 

===========================================================

....Service Control Manager.EVENT ERRORS

The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service failed to start due to the following error:
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.