Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

In order to remove the pop up this works better:

Source:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/506133-how-to-disable-hp-password-manager-on-a-hp-probook-650...

Hi, I just figured out how to disable password manager.

It is very annoying and there's no option to disable it in Client Security Manager. I called HP and even they don't know how to disable this feature.

Here's how I disabled it:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin

and rename DPAgent to DPAgent.old

Then, kill Processes DpAgent.exe and DPAgent.exe *32.%uFEFF

NOTE: May require to be re-done following an update.

HP Recommended

Your solution does work but as you said an update may require it to be done again. I did try this before and when Microsoft did their normal "lets mess up their computers update" it required to be done again.

thanks

HP Recommended

Update on the above suggestion.

Initially the HP updates caused the pop up to return. for about the last 5 or 6 updates including the BIOS updates the problem has not been seen. So I would use the suggested solution which deletes the ability to run the pop ups.

HP Recommended

Well it's now October 2019 and so far the updates from HP have not caused any issues. I would suggest not ignoring the update messages sent by HP and make sure you have a backup just in case. Lately with all the stuff lurking out on the internet and the real possibility of someone getting into your PC, it makes sense to keep updated. 😃

I wont even get into the mess caused by Microsoft and their updates.

HP Recommended

It doesn't appear at all. Its really annoying get pop ups all the time

HP Recommended

Settings in windows allow the pop up to be controlled but only limited. Check the setting in the web browser for various option. It may take some experimentation to see if they work for you the way you want.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.