Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion g6 series 584037-0
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop 3 years ago and am experiencing some issues and I think that drivers may be the reason.

I want to update the drivers but there are quite a few options on the HP UK website.

Please can anyone help me with a link?

Many thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Jaiedward,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that currently your HP Pavilion g series Notebook and concerns with the Driver. If you go to the Device Manager and right click on the Adapter and update the Drivers and software that should fix this issue.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the program on your Notebook and it will help with any software and driver updates on your system.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!   :generic:

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for contacting me.

The drop down menu does not say "adaptors" under device manager on windows 7.

It shows network or display adaptors and neither will update on right click

I down loaded the HP support assistant and that wont accept my model umber, so sadly i didn't get anywhere

HP Recommended

Hello @Jaiedward,

I would need the serial number. Please review the HP Privacy Statement . Then send it to me in a private message.If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello @Jaiedward,

Thank for the extra info. But that is not an HP serial number for the Notebook. Check this page.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

The label on this machine is not the same as the example on this website

It has a paper label on it with a product key and under that a barcode

the barcode is not indicated as being a serial number

which one do you require?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hey @Jaiedward,

What if you remove the Battery do you see a product number there?

F1  System Information at the start of the Notebook will give you information.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hey @Jaiedward,

Thanks for the additional information. This is your model number 

Please let me know. A8J59EA.  The system is a HP Pavilion g6-1374sa Notebook. I would try the HP support assistant again. 

In the device manager right click on Network adapters and update software and drivers. 

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.

Please let me know if there are error messages.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for getting back to me and for trying to assist me

Right click on "network adaptors" only offers "scan for hardware changes"or "properties"

not "update software and drivers".

The option for that is not there is not there

I have downloaded the support assistant which is showing my model number and serial number on the screen.

no updates are coming up

This machine is only 3 years old but I think I had just better get rid of this one and buy another

HP Recommended

Hey @Jaiedward,

Try under the Network adapter Uninstall all that are listed. Restart the Notebook. Then try the Support Assistant. 

HP Recovery Manager can be accessed from the Start Menu, or by tapping F11 key as soon as you power on the laptop. 
Recovery Manager is used to reinstall back to factory.
This link shows you how. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.