cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
12 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp webcam

HP Recommended
Example: HP Laptop 17-ak0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello each, I use the pre installed HP Webcam for Zoom meetings on a weekly basis. The meetings are during the free period of 40 minutes. 

For the last three meetings I have lost the camera. This happens at the conclusion of the meeting and after I click Leave The Meeting. 

To insure the camera is still useable, I tap the Windows key. In the icons that appear I click the Camera icon and get an error message saying No Cameras Are Attached. This error message is accompanied by a number 0xA00F244.

I find the Virtual Assistant less than helpful.

Going to Device Manager when the camera is operating normally, the camera icon shows, but when Device Manager is accessed after leaving a Zoom meeting, there is no camera icon to be seen anywhere in the Device Manager .

I would like to be able to leave a Zoom meeting and know that when I need to use the camera again for a Zoom meeting it will be there.

Your help to this end will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Take care and stay safe.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,489 446 706
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jaytebe Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a 0xA00F244 error.

Solution 1: Make sure the camera app is turned on

Follow these steps: 

1. Press Win+I (Windows key and I key) at the same time to open Settings Window.
2. Click Privacy.

3. Click Camera in left pane. If it is off, turn it on. 

Solution 2: Check for antivirus software

You can disable the antivirus software temporarily and see if the camera works. If it works, the problem is caused by the antivirus software. If you don’t want to disable it or turn it off, in the antivirus software, you can check if there are settings related to blocking the access or permission to use the camera. If yes, change the settings. 

Solution 3: Check for camera drivers

The camera cannot work properly if there is problem with the camera driver. For many cases, updating driver would resolve the problem. But before that, ensure that your camera can work with the system version. To check this, follow these steps.

1. Go to Device Manager
2. Expand category Imaging devices. Mostly, the camera device can be found under this category. Right-click on the name of your camera, and then select Properties
Note that in Windows 10, some cameras/webcams may show up under “Sound, video and game controllers”). So if you don’t find your camera under Imaging devices, find it under “Sound, video and game controllers”.

If you don’t even see your camera show up in Device Manager, for external camera, try to plug it to another port. For integrated camera, update the motherboard drivers. 

3. Go to Driver tab and click Driver Details tab. 

4. In Driver File Details dialog box, look for a file name that includes stream.sys. If you find the file there, your camera was designed before Windows 7. In this case, you are required to replace it with a newer camera.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation