Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy 13-aq0011ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after windows 10 2004 update (OS build 19041.508), i have started experiencing several issues or not issues i would say, i am concerned about the changes which microsoft have made and want to confirm if others also witnessed these changes after the update. 

first of all that there used to be an option in the power and sleep settings for the network, as far as i can recall, this was the option: when my pc is asleep and on battery power, disconnect from the network and i used to select never, but now that this function is missing from the power and sleep settings which has made me concerned if there were any changes made to this automatically by the update. 

the second change which i witnessed was that in the battery settings, the whole format has been changed, now there is no more a slider which used to let us adjust the % at which the battery saver will enable automatically, and secondly there used to be a feature "see which apps are consuming the battery', upon the selection of which we used to get to know about the usage of each app, but we now no more have to select that option, and the usage of app is just available on the main page. has others also witnessed these changes, are these due to the update ?  

Microsoft store had also stopped working, it wasnt loading the pages of the apps after update, but then i somehow got the cache cleared and made it work 😞  otherwise it was giving an error code; 0x000001f8

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@sahil17 

Just FYI. I myself also have experienced with my machine namely an HP Omen 15" machine

1. Battery died after the upgrade,
  2. I spent many hours yesterday to fix Windows Store but no luck. I will try later because I do not use machine very often (only once or twice a month) and I only use Windows Store for Omen Command Center updates.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@sahil17 

LOTS of folks are unhappy with sudden changes due to the v20.04 update. That update was so broken that MS locked it up for several MONTHS. 

Even though they are now releasing, there are still issues and new ones keep cropping up every week.  This is particularly sad considering that Win10 20H2 is going to be out to the public in only a few weeks -- as it has been released to the MS commercial clients already.

I updated about half of the PCs I support to v20.04 and had one of them fail so badly that I used an image backup to roll it back to v19.09  -- and have not had any issues since then. 

MS is still supporting v19.09 and they came out with a long list of patches to it only last week.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood

So when the new update rolls out in the month of october, can i expect my issues to be resolved ? And i will probably reinstall the windows instead of just updating, want to get rid of this 20.04 update. Is that the right thing to do ? 

Also have you tried 20H2 update yet ? Any reviews  

HP Recommended

Reasonable questions, all ...

There is no reason to believe that MS will have done any better job of debugging issues with the new 20H2 release in a few weeks than they clearly did NOT with the 20.04 release.

So, the best thing to do ALWAYS before doing any of these version upgrades is to do a system image in advance -- so that you have something to restore FROM if the upgrade goes badly.  More on this below.

As to reinstalling Windows, do NOT do that!  Why does everyone think that is a miracle cure when in most cases, it only makes matters worse!

------------------------

I personally prefer to use third-party Backup solutions as they tend to be both more flexible and more reliable than any built-in solutions.

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR) from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

My experience is that MR, when using the High Compression option, typically can compress the saved image file to about 50% of the USED space in the OS partition. This means if you have an 80GB OS partition, and 40GB is used, MR only needs about 20GB to store the image file.

I use this all the time and it typically takes less than 15 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore.

Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry. This allows you then to boot into WinRE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows!

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.