11-15-2019 12:25 AM
laptop function keys are working such as- esc, f1,f2...delete. but the keys which help in laptop genaral access keys such as- brightness and sound control, wifi, projection etc. are not working perhaps after windows update.
pls help me amigos
11-18-2019 04:43 PM
@I_Vaibhav Welcome to HP Community!
Here’s the step by step guide for you:
- Click the Start button, then click Run.
- In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG.
- Press the ENTER key.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.
- On the Startup tab, under Startup Item, ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox.
NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the Hot-Key Utility application by Clicking here
- If the above link doesn't work or help, look for drivers on the HP website: click here
- Click here if you cannot find any driver for hotkey or virtual buttons on the hp website.
(ignore the ads, 3rd party link has been sent to ensure your issue is fixed, I'm going beyond my way to help you and if you would like to give me virtual high five, Click on the purple thumbs up 🙂 )
If the above doesn't help, please create another User account as suggested earlier and try again.
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee