2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

left and right keys functioning differently

HP EliteBook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, 

lately i've been struggling with left and right arrow keys not functioning properly on my notebook keyboard and im really hopeless. 

i tried uninstalling the keyboard but it didn't help. 

this is what shows up in a browser after pressing right arrow key plus it makes sound when pressing it

Snímka obrazovky (4).pngthis is what shows up in a browser after pressing right key

after pressing left key the keyboard starts functioning differently - each key has different function suddenly and i can't type 

is there any way how to fix this? 

(excuse my english, it's not my native language) 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
79,812 79,707 9,876 21,325
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elyna 

You are using a different software, could be THAT software changes the keyboard. Can you type simple text using Notepad using left/right.

Again, I believe the software which you are using changes the keyboard layout, you should be able to change it back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
elyna
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for reply, but can you please explain how am i supposed to change it back? im not an expert in this

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation