Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I see this thread from a challenge I am experiencing with my HP Envy M6, I am based in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Where can I get assistance?  It is very disappointing to realise that this same model seems to have the same problem but HP does not send a fix for users to have their computers updated so that they do not experience this problem.

HP Recommended

This is an endemic problem as any quick google search or scan through this forum will indicate.  HP is ignoring it.  Their suggested solutions are useless wastes of time. Don't bother with any of them.  I bought a wireless mouse which has solved 90% of the problem.  I will use that until I eventually replace this BRAND NEW lapop.  Sucks, because I thought I was buying a high-quality, well supported product.

HP Recommended

Really is despicable. I've dealt with it for some three years, and now it's gotten so bad that my laptop is almost entirely unusable. I have a thousand-dollar, 17-inch brick.

They ignore posts here. Their tech support literally hangs up on me.

Needless to say, I will never, ever purchase another HP product.

HP Recommended

Disassemble your laptop and look at the touchpad assembly. You have to at least take the MB out. There are two rectangular cutouts in the center of the assembly frame where you can see the circuit board. There are two copper pads, one on each area of the circuit board  under the cutouts. Those pads must be grounded to the frame with conductive tape.

My daughter gave me her laptop to fix and after reading all the forums and doing lots of testing, I had a really good hunch that it was a capacitance/grounding problem and when I took it apart there was no grounding tape on the left pad. I put some on and the touchpad works flawlessly now.

If I could post a picture I would, but if you go onto ebay and look at some of the images, you can see the leftmost pad and grounding tape very easily. The right side has a plastic film over it but you can see the edge of the pad, just the same

HP Recommended

Mine does the same thing. I have tried bios/hardware updates as well as the troubleshooting guides but no success. Does you bottom cover make a clicking noise when pressing the left side near the vent? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.