Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-16-2022 12:59 PM
my HP laptop was working totally fine and the next morning i went to get it out of my car and the power light, the small light on the wifi button, and the HP light located on the top of the computer on the outside that comes on when the device powers on is all blinking and my laptop will no longer come on!!
i took it to geek squad and they could not give me any answers! i do not have money for a diagnostic! to be completely real im living in a homeless shelter and trying to use this device to make some money, find resources, and find an apartment to rent and so on.....
if anyone could please tell me what it is they believe is going on! (IF YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF EDUCATION OR SOMETHING WITH THIS... NOT JUST GUESSING PLEASE)
please let me know what you believe is wrong and how i might be able to fix it!
sidenote; i already did what google suggested by allowing it do die completely then trying to plug it in but that did not changing anything!
VERY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP
07-23-2022 12:31 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP laptop. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID
- Was there any update done on the laptop before the issue began?
- Did you try a different power adapter?
- Any beep codes on the PC?
- Are the lights blinking in any particular order?
While you answer that, please try the below steps:
Crisis BIOS Recovery
- Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
- Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
- If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.
- If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for only 2 to 3 seconds.
- If a BIOS recovery message repeatedly displays, continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.
- If a message that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected displays, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.
- If Windows starts, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS for more information.
The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically.
If the issue persists, please follow the steps on this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community