Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-30-2022 02:47 PM
Good day, while working in the Office program, I get the error "print driver host for applications (splwow64.exe)" and my office program crashes. I am only experiencing this problem on my HP computer, microsoft's suggestions did not work, can anyone help?
01-02-2023 05:56 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the below steps:
Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:
Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.
1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2.) Select your HP Printer
3.) Select Uninstall
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'
6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10.) Select Ok
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo
14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
15.) Restart the computer.
Once done, please download and install the software from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers
Otherwise, you can use the HP Smart App: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142
I hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community