Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-24-2021 12:09 PM
Welcome to the HP Community.
Subject: print editing suite for hp envy
what is best software for HP laptop to HP envy 3in1 printer
What you use depends on the type of task, your skill set, plus your printer model and available software.
- Printing can be done using the Full Feature Software / Full Driver printer software.
- Full Driver printer software provides basic editing in HP Scan.
- HP Smart also provides some editing capabilities in scan. For previously saved photo files, use Scan Photos > Import to open the saved file.
- Specialty editing is best done using software made for the purpose.
References / Resources
Full Feature Software / Full Driver printer software
The full driver provides the foundation on which other programs and printing software depend.
Printer Software - Preparation
If you have not done so,
Inaddition to the HP Smart application,
Install the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software for the printer.
HP Smart and other print software / applications benefit from having the full driver installed.
Printer Software Check
If the full driver printer software is installed, you will see the printer listed inControl Panel > icon view > Programs and Features.
The installation of the printer software adds two shortcut icons to theDesktop.
ThePrinter Assistant is named for the printer and provides access to Print , Scan , and Tools
HP Scanis named for itself and provides a direct call to the HP Scan software.
Printer software not installed?
Use the Easy Start wrapper to install and configure the printer software.
- Home Page - HP Easy Start
- Open Category Software and Drivers
- Topic: Software-Utility
- Download-and-Save the current version of the Easy Start wrapper to install your print software
- If using USB: Disconnect the USB cable between the printer and computer before installing the software.
- Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
- When asked, Select to install the “Full Driver” / “Full Feature Software”
- If using USB: Connect the cable when instructed to do so (near the end of the installation process).
- After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.
Notes >> Easy Start... The Journey
- Full Administrator Rights are required to complete the HP Software installation.
- About 2/3 of the way through the setup, you will be given the opportunity to select the software - select the "Full Driver" set (as opposed to the basic driver or other application).
- You can skip / ignore suggestion(s) that you add the HP Account – you’ll need the account at some point, for now, you can skip this suggestion (as many times as it insists it’s a good idea) during the full driver software installation.
- If you see it, you can skip / ignore suggestion(s) regarding Instant Ink subscription. Instant Ink subscription is NOT mandatory.
- Disconnect from Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection while installing printer software.
- Full driver includes print and scan functions supported by your printer and provides the printer features on which other applications / software might depend.
Example - HP Scan - JPEG > More > Image
HP Smart for Windows
HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store
Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.
Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App
OR Open and Read >>> HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)
Disconnect from Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.
- HP Smart requires that you sign into the application using your HP Account credentials.
- HP Smart benefits (likes) having the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software installed. For example, full driver provides access to Shortcuts and Printing Preferences.
- Document includes the HP Smart application download links for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues.
- FAQ examples:
- What are the requirements to use the HP Smart app?
- Which printers are compatible with the HP Smart app?
- Why do I need to sign in or create an account to use the HP Smart app features?
- Older versions of the HP Smart app no longer support the login feature.
- Update the application to the latest version to access / use HP Smart
- FAQ examples:
Example - HP Smart Windows - Scan - Edit Options
Irfanview > Brilliant Free Photo Viewing, Editing, and Print Software
Irfanview provides an exceptional software experience that can be used for a variety of scan and print tasks, including the “Mirror” or horizontal flip function plus several other options not found elsewhere.
- Create a Restore Point (optional, recommended)
- Download the appropriate version (32bit or 64bit) of the program from the Website and install the program
- Additional information at the website, including: FAQ
- Both 32bit and 64bit versions for Windows are available.
- Irfanview is also available as an Windows 10 Application from the Microsoft Store
Software and All Plugins for 64bit version: https://www.fosshub.com/IrfanView.html
Includes Plugin for creating Multiple-page PDF files for images (Poster or large paper printing)
Includes access (where available) to Scan with HP Twain > Adjust settings > Save
How to find Help within the Irfanview software
Once installed, open the software > tab Help
General Example - Irfanview - Print - Color Correction
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Enter the type and name of your HP device
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community