Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
01-01-2022 01:03 AM
Product: hp deskjet 3790 all in one
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11
i upgraded to win11 and my hp printer will no longer print in color (even though the graysclae option isn't checked) or offer the doub;e-side print option
have covered all optional procedures on ms or hp helpdesk and nothing solved it
1 REPLY 1
01-05-2022 06:10 AM
@er28, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.
I see that you are not able to print in color from your Win 10 PC. Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:
Check for any pending Windows updates first.
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Remove the existing printer entry > click on Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing in color. Do not use any HP apps to print. Open File > Print.
Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community