zigzag6264
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

setup bluetooth

pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello and thanks in advance for putting up with me. I cannot get bluetooth to come up. Cannot find it in device manager, cannot find it through windows support. It's like ... I don't have it. Device search is not finding my phone, or headphone, or smart tv.  I cannot determine if i need any drivers  ... or am i just looking in the wrong place? I've been stuck here for 2 days now, and, I really need to move on. Can someone please help? I really appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1
Level 20
Level 20
112,191 102,368 16,058 24,672
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

setup bluetooth

Hi:

Most likely your notebook didn't come with Bluetooth.

Less than 50% of dv6's had Bluetooth.

Need more info from you to proceed further...

1.  Full model number of your dv6 or the product number.  The product number can be found on the same label as the serial number.  Please do not post the serial number.

2. The model wifi adapter your notebook has.  If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation