Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can not get my silhouette studio to work. The program freezes when i am in the design studio, especially when i try to trace and detach,do  any modifying options, or edit points. The time i do get to spend on it without it freezing it runs slow...ex may take 5 min for the file to save. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalled multiple times, i did the %app????% and %program???% thingies {please look over my high tech wordingI'm just that computer savvy} i have ran every troubleshooting thing i can find. Ive deleted exe files and others as well. i have opened firewall made a port, made sure everything was up to date, scanned system and hardware files, optimized and defragmenting things.

what is confusing is sometimes the program acts decently well, no freezes. but it always lets me down the next time i turn my computer on.  everything Ive read online suggests that silhouette and windows 10 just doesnt work well together altho windows 8 worked better windows 7 was the best. i know this laptop came with a different window and i upgraded to windows 10 but i don't know which windows it was or how to find out so i can downgrade to it. 

please please help! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

DId you ever find an answer to this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.