Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I know that f5 turns the keyboard backlight on/off, and I'd like to be able to adjust the keyboard backlight intensity.

I find that it is generally set too dim, and in normal room light the key ledgends wash out and aren't really visible. 

Is there any way to adjust the keyboard backlight intensity?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @HarryHef,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 Notebook and issues with the Backlit. Here is a link I found that might help change the range. It does show you the limits of the sensors.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help, by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

This does not work on this model and I have tried searching all over the internet without any success. Is there really an option to control keyboard brightness? It becomes unconfortable to use it in full darkness (it is too bright in my opinion ) and it is a shame since then you need the backlight the most.

Branimir

HP Recommended

Hey @MeggaMortY,

In your service manual, page 7, the 5th key from the right shows you how to control the Backlit.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hallo Mrs Tenter,

I think it was clear that I already know how the f5 key operates -- I even mentioned I searched all around the internet for a solution to the question provided -- means I'm not asking how the f5 key operates, I KNOW how it operates (sorry for the harsh tabbing, but I find your answer of bad quality). The question was, and still is, is there a way to adjust the keyboard backlight? I know there were older models on which this functioned, and the question concerns more directly the team that writes the BIOS code I believe, since they know the ins and outs of the machine.

Branimir

HP Recommended

Hello

I have been following several postings about the possibility of increasing the backlight on the keybord of HP Spectre x360, but still no clear answer. I am also frustrated with the low ligh of my laptop. Even in dark room, the light from the screan make it difficult to see the lettering on the caps.

I can understand the frustration of MeggaMorty and many others like us.

I am not expecting an answer about how the f5 key operates, but an answer or a solution on how to adjust (incease) the keyboard backlight. Making it brighter !!

Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.