Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 14-am082nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I have got a problem with my SSD after I updated the bios of my system (14-am082nd). I don't know which version I was running before, but know I'm running the latest version for my laptop (F.34).  The SSD is installed in the laptop with an 859126-001 bracket and an 815139-001 cable.  The SSD is working fine (tried it in a different system) and it worked with the laptop before updating the bios. I have tried to get an older bios version back but the Windows key + B method didn't work. Has anyone any idea how I can solve the issue?

Greetings From Bram.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@bbolos

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that SSD drive is not getting recognized after bios update, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and unable to roll back the bios update. Let's try performing a system restore in order to isolate the issue.
Use the following steps to restore your computer’s configuration:

1. Save any open files and close all open programs.
  2. In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list. (System Properties opens with the System Protection tab selected)
  3. On the System Protection tab, click System Restore. (The System Restore window opens) Click Next.
  4. Click the Restore Point that you want to use, then click Next. (The confirmation window opens)
  5. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
  6. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.
  7. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.
    Note: Here is the VIDEO Link on How To Restore an HP Computer from Windows

If the bios roll back problem persists after system restore, continue to the next step.

• Remove and re-insert the SSD. this should fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply,

I can't do a system restore, it also gives an error. I am a step further with restoring the bios, but now I need a bios-signaturefile to proceed the bios rollback. Do you know how I can make a USB bios recovery with a bios-signaturefile? 

HP Recommended

@bbolos

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Let's try this: Recover the last working BIOS version

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried the windows key +B method powering the system on and holding the windows key and b for 5 minutes but the screen stayed black. I also tried it with the v but that gave me a CMOS error....

HP Recommended

@bbolos

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps

and the issue persists with CMOS error, hence, I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

• HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
  • Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't think it is a hardware issue all these problems occurred after updating the bios. I would like to know how to downgrade the bios with a bios-signaturefile?

HP Recommended

@bbolos

As I've mentioned in previous post about downgrading bios, please follow the link Recover the last working BIOS version. if this fails you need to contact HP phone support to get the issue fixed.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do you know the phonenumber i can call for support in the Netherlands?

HP Recommended

@bbolos

Let me help you, follow the Link in order to reach out to your country HP support. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.