Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LAPTOP-SHKTV9CI
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pls what do I do when the start menu is not working 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Walzeem 

We need to know details about what is happening when you try to use the Start Menu.

We also need to know what version of Windows 10 you are running.  If you don't know that, enter "winver" (without the quotes) in the Search area and report back what the window shows.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi Wlzeem,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with!

1. Launch the Task manager
Press the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] keys on the keyboard at the same time, or right-click the Taskbar, and select Task Manager.

2. Run a new Windows task
When the Task manager window opens, click the More details option to expand it, then select Run new task from the File menu.

3. Run Windows PowerShell
When the Run new task dialog box opens, type PowerShell, tick the box for Create this task with administrative privileges, and click OK.

4. Run the System File Checker
Type sfc /scannow into the window and press the [Return] key. The scan may take some time and will end with one of three results. Windows did not find any integrity violations and Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them means there are now no corrupt files, but Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them indicates a problem.

If the solution does not resolve the issue , Please refer to the below link to move to the next solution.

https://errorcodesupport.com/start-menu-not-working-on-windows-10-solved/ 

HP Recommended

Where is the return key 

HP Recommended

when every I click on the start menu is does not work 

The version of the windows 10 is 1903 

HP Recommended

@Walzeem 

It's not a Return key, it's the Enter key.

Here is a post from the community Win10 forums with some suggestions:  (9) Start Menu no longer working 20H2 - Windows 10 Forums (tenforums.com)

HP Recommended

16244564892152264282146048370004.jpg

 what happen after showing dis 

Wat is it illustrating 

HP Recommended

@Walzeem 

Hard to read the screen, text too small -- but the error indicates you did not enter the command properly.

The command is "sfc /scannow" (space after the "sfc").  The screen error looks like you entered "sfc/scannow".

HP Recommended

After verification it brought windows resources protection did not find any integrity violations 

HP Recommended

@Walzeem 

We're not equipped here to diagnose and repair Windows system errors -- those are the purview of Microsoft.

Here is a thread from the community Win10 forums about using DISM to make repairs:  (9) Run SFC Command in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

Perhaps there is something in that thread that will help.

Good Luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.