Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 17-cb1523na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OMEN Laptop - 17-cb1523na

only just  brought it  brand new as my other laptop was sent back and writenrnoff for hard ware issues 

jsut wondering why it would come up as a failed  when i do tools  and check drive for error s  it is normal 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@darkmason1972

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting a hard drive message when you run the hard drive test.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you getting a failure ID?

Is the computer working normally?

Meanwhile, I recommend you run the hard drive test from F2 menu and check. Refer to the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Status

Disk 2
Failed
Last check: 08/02/2021

My notebook
WDC WD10SPSX-60A6WT0
931.51 GB

Status

Failed

SMART status
Error

DATA (D:)
931.51 GB (445.85 GB free)

Serial number
WD-WX12A70KVN8R
HP Recommended

@darkmason1972

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting a hard drive message when you run the hard drive test.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you getting a failure ID?

Is the computer working normally?

Meanwhile, I recommend you run the hard drive test from F2 menu and check. Refer to the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

9SJBTS-AH4AHA-XD7U2K-611613

is the failer id i recieved  when i did the test  using the hard ware diagnostic 

the lap top in other word other than that work  ok  except  when i boot up i get the  301  error  nd  smart error on drive 1

being that  the 1tb wd black drive  (2020 date)   having a fult 

i have sent  the  message to the  support team   and on  a call i got told i have to go back to the  shop i got it  from  being its only   under a week old  when i brough **bleep**  i can  there for either  re turn it  aand  get a re fund  on  it  or  they will re place it with a new one  but i ahve to wait  for it to be deliverrd to the  store

in the mean time every thing i have on the 1 tb  has to be  re moved 

and  put else were   but the problem i think is   i had this  with a asus  as well same thing  that happend  twice 

on re turning the lap top nd  having the  drive  replaced and  then happend again 

but to  happen  with thsi one  being brand new  in  a short amount  of time  i jsut  cant get over  that  

you  wouldnt  expct it  form a expencive machine tbh

thank you    The fosstte  for the  help in  running  trouble shoots  and that  

other  than  form bios  

etc and teh lapt top  didnt have that app in sstalled  also the  lights on the  key board  stopped working  sysially wen  booting up after pressing the powerr button they light up and stay  lit  but  they  tunr off   and i ahve  to press fn  and  f4  i tthink to put them  back on  casue even the  omen  button  doesnt  even  open teh  command app have to run that normaly as well 

so better safe than sorry  i thikkits  best to say  to take it  back and  get  a swap  for a new one nd  start all over again 

thanks 

HP Recommended

@darkmason1972

Thank you for the update.

Yes, I agree with you, getting it replaced is the best option for you.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.