Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When running the HP Support Assistant the assistant gets stuck endlessly on the "Installing" phase of the latest BIOS:

2016-03-19 18_50_29-HP Support Assistant.png

I have previously been able to use the support assistant without trouble to install updates including BIOS updates.

So what is going on here and how can I recover from this bug? I have stopped the process and restarted the system but the same outcome. It runs through the check marks before installing but then gets stuck on the Installing screen as seen forever.

Thomas

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

ThomasEv

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your HP Support Assistant (HPSA) problems and wanted to help.

This thread by DavidPK has instructions for removing and reinstalling HPSA:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HPSF-exe-has-stopped-working/td-...

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem! Did you find a solution?

HP Recommended

Don't use HP SA for installing updates. You can use it just to check for updates and then download the drivers in a regular way from HP support web site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.