Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
elitebook x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop randomly switches to tablet mode which makes my keyboard go numb. I turned all the settings related to tablet mode off. Not only does the computer still shift to tablet mode but, even worse, it shifts without any action (just randomly). has anyone had this problem, and if you did, how did you correct the problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tkim16 

I had a problem with a different mode; that had a gyro sensor in it -- and found the following fix:

This is due to Windows 10 becoming confused as to whether the system is being used in tablet or desktop mode. This behavior may be fixed in later updates from Microsoft. The current solution is to go to Action Center > All Settings > System > Tablet mode > "When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off" and select the option in the drop down box to "Don't ask me and don't switch".

This setting gives the user the best control over the mode. To turn tablet mode on or off, simply go to action center and tap the Tablet mode button.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.