Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
notebook 15-da1063ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

in control panel there are a dvd rw player and is provided by microsoft  in the date of 21/6/2006 under the version 10.0.19041.1023 .

my version of windows is : 10.0.19043.1165

I tried to update the driver & windows said it is the best

also tried windows update & there is nothing to update

my system is working on UEFI now but with MBR the dvd worked fine

Please help &thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

When looking at the spec page for that PC, it indicates that the original OS was FreeDOS, so at some point it was converted to Windows.  Next, the statement - "my system is working on UEFI now but with MBR the dvd worked fine" does that mean when FreeDOS was installed it worked?  Having UEFI  does not necessarily mean the MBR was changed.  MBR refers to the disc formatting and it can still be MBR with UEFI .  When the drives bigger than 2TB came out, MBR could not address the drives properly while using the storage space beyong the 2TB limit of MBR so the formatting was changed to GPT to allow the larger drive size to be recognized.  Windows 10 can use either of those, but if the drive is smaller than 2TB, it is not needed to be GPT.

DVD drive not recognized - Windows 10 has some of those problems in the newer version, such as the  10.0.19043.1165.

See this and go thru the guide to see if any of those suggestions work to restore the DVD drive.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-dvd-cd-drive-not-working-missing-windows-10/

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.