Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-dk1000 Laptop PC (8VZ00AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP laptop does not contain the install script engine/driver, but that driver is apparently installed in an older Dell Windows Vista laptop that I own so, can a driver be somehow copied from a different laptop (Win. Vista) and then installed in a newer HP laptop?  Please explain how to do that if it's possible.  

thanx,

jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jimmyrich 

OK, so that means it is a runtime library the application needs -- but HP does not supply runtime libraries.

You would have to contact the app supplier to find out where to go to get this library.

Plus, if this was supplied in the Vista days, there's a good chance it will not be available anymore -- so you would have to get a NEW version of the app that works without this library.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jimmyrich 

From Vista to Windows 11 is more than 10 years time frame. This is not going to work

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@jimmyrich 

I've been doing this for a long time and am NOT familiar with the term "install script engine/driver". Please explain what that means.

HP Recommended

Hello:

I am not a tech but when I tried to install my old Bruderbund PrintShop software into this HP laptop, the message: "installscript engine is missing" appeared and the PrintShop program would not install.   Later I discovered that the ISScript.msi driver is not even part of my laptop so I now need to either find that driver and install it into this HP laptop or give the whole idea up.   

thanks for your reply,

jim

HP Recommended

@jimmyrich 

OK, so that means it is a runtime library the application needs -- but HP does not supply runtime libraries.

You would have to contact the app supplier to find out where to go to get this library.

Plus, if this was supplied in the Vista days, there's a good chance it will not be available anymore -- so you would have to get a NEW version of the app that works without this library.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.