Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavillion 15 dp0000ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i've bought hp pavillion 15 dp0000 with i5 8300h and gtx 1060, there is intel graphics integrated in this processor, but hp, apparently, decided to turn it off and there is no any option to turn it on in bios, could hp let clients decide whether they wanna use it or not, thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @not_benji

Thanks for writing to us.

I have checked the records and the laptop is shipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with up to 3 GB of dedicated video memory. So the integrated graphics on the laptop would not work. As per the design, the integrated graphics card would not work when there is a dedicated graphics card installed.

Refer the laptop user guide to know more information. Click Here

Note: Refer page 11 for more information.

However, you can try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Setting your preferred graphics processor for all software programs

Optimus technology use software profiles to enable the use of the IGP, GPU, or a Global setting that lets NVIDIA automatically control the type of graphics processor. Use the following steps to add or change a software program profile.

1. Ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.

2. Right-click the Windows desktop background (not the Start screen) and select NVIDIA Control Panel.

Figure : NVIDIA Control Panel selection

Windows desktop menu with  NVIDIA Control Panel selection highlighted
  3. From the left menu, select Manage 3D settings, the Global Settings tab, and then select the Preferred Graphics processor.

4. From the list, select which graphics processor setting you would like to use:

• Select Auto-select (recommended) if you want to let NVIDIA automatically manage the power and display settings for individual software titles, based on available profiles (see the Program Settings tab).

• Select High-Performance if you want to maximize the visual appearance and speed for all software programs at the cost of using more battery power.

• Select Integrated graphics if you want to use the least amount of battery power at the cost of an improved graphics experience.

Figure : Global Settings

NVIDIA Control Panel showing the preferred graphics processor for Global 3D Settings.
  5. Click Apply and close the Control Panel window when finished.

Refer this article to know more information about setting preferred graphics. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Im sorry but this is complete and utter horseshi*t, exact same models with exact same chassis but with gtx 1650 and gtx 1050 DEDICATED graphics work with intel integrated graphics without any issues, id  like hp to redeem this nuisance

HP Recommended

@not_benji

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

looking forward to hearing from them

HP Recommended

Hello,

Any update on this?

Thank you,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.