cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

unable to activate microsoft office home & student 2016

HP Recommended
hp notebook 14s cf0055tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

recently i repaired my windows 10 using microsoft cloud backup.. now everythings works fine but microsoft office doesnt activate. please help me.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,022 25,954 2,381 5,649
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sushil7575 

Ever since Office 2013, Microsoft has distributed Office products in two different "versions".
--------------------
The first is something new known as Click to Run (abbreviated CTR). In this case, you download the installation package from Microsoft, install it, and use the product key obtained from Microsoft. With the CTR version, the product key is NOT stored on your local machine, but instead, in your account at Microsoft. There is no way to retrieve the product key from your machine because it simply is not stored there. IF you had the second version, the ONLY way to get the product key, is from your MS account.
--------------------
The second is similar to what they did previously, with the software installed locally on your PC, using a product key that came with the product. When done, that product key is stored locally in your PC, in the registry. This means that you can use a variety of registry scanning tools to retrieve that product key later -- should you need it.

If you have reformatted the drive or reinstalled Windows, you have wiped out the office key information previously stored there and that can NOT be recovered. You would have to contact HP Customer support directly to see if they can help in any way...

HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation