Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-gw0000 Laptop PC (1E420AV)

i want to add urdu phonetic keyboard

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@frahi

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

Over a hundred languages can be downloaded from the Language settings in Windows. Many of the languages have a number of dialects, which are called regional variants. If you add a language but find that no language pack is available for download, check periodically to see if Microsoft has created a language pack for the language you want.

1. In Windows, search for and open Language settings.

2. On the Time & Language window, select Add a Windows display language in Microsoft Store.

Going to the Microsoft Store to add a display language

3. On the Local Experience Packs window, scroll through the list to select the language or regional variant you want.

Local Experience Packs home screen

4. On the selected language tile, click Get.

Getting the selected language

5. On the Install language features screen, select the options you want, and then click Install.

Selecting and then installing language features

After a language is on the language list, an appropriate input method is automatically added. You can add input methods in other languages or select a different keyboard layout.

1. In Windows, search for and open Typing settings.

2. On the Devices window, select Typing, and then select Advanced keyboard settings.

Selecting Advanced keyboard settings

3. On the Advanced keyboard settings window, select the language you want from the drop-down menu under Override default input method.

Selecting a language to use with the keyboard

4. To change the keyboard layout, search for and open Language settings.

5. On the Time & Language window, select a language, and then select Options.

Selecting Options to change the keyboard layout

6. Under Keyboards, click Add a keyboard and then select a keyboard layout from the list.

Clicking Add a keyboard to select a keyboard layout

7. To switch between keyboard layouts, press the Windows  + SPACE BAR keys.

NOTE: Switching between keyboards only changes the language of the input. To change the display language for apps, settings, menus, and other areas in Windows, see the  Changing the display language section in this document.
  8. If you would like each app to utilize a specific keyboard, search for and open Advanced keyboard settings.

9. Under Switching input methods, select Let me use a different input method for each app window.

Selecting the option to allow each app to use a specific keyboard

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.