cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yesuabhijit
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

usable ram (3.89 gb) less than istalled ram (4 gb)

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bw0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am going to buy online recorded lecture which use the providers software. They said that you need Windows laptop (required - 4gb RAM). I checked the setting and the usable memory is 3.89 GB while the installed memory is 4 GB. Will the software work on my laptop. 

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,168 94,038 12,184 25,966
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@yesuabhijit wrote:

... I checked the setting and the usable memory is 3.89 GB while the installed memory is 4 GB. Will the software work on my laptop. 

@yesuabhijit 

That is normal, system allocates some RAM for hardware and we can't access that. Software will work but it is much better to get a machine with 8GB because sooner or later you have to upgrade to 8GB, for example

RAM usable.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
yesuabhijit
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will the software run smoothly? A friend of mine told me that there is a possibility that it will run slowly

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation