Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm on Windows 7 with a DV7 64 bit laptop. I'm having problems with Windows Live Mail because when I click on inbox, sent. deleted etc nothing happens. The only way I can get to my mail is to use 'Find' or to go to my Plusnet account. All of this is a nuisance. I'm advised via Microsoft user groups that the best way of overcoming the problem is to uninstall windows Live Essentials and instructions on how to do this are on the Microsoft website. However, when I try I can't bring up the windows which would enable me to do so. ( see 'How to remove and reinstall Windows Live Rssentials - I can't get past 3 and 'uninstall' doesn't happen) Could this be because there is a slight modification to the Hp supplie software, and if so Can anyone tell me how I can uninstall then reinstall. Failing this it now looks as if I will have to go through the pain of full recovery to try to resolve the problem. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. GordonW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This problem has now been resolved

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This problem has now been resolved

HP Recommended
Hello GordonW,

I'm glad to hear you've resolved your issue.

If it's not too much of a hassle, could you please add a few details showing how you resolved the problem for others who may experience similar issues and stumble upon this thread?

Any information you can provide will be very helpful.

Thanks again! 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Antonius

Sorry but I can't help much. I resorted to one of the  tech help people of whom there are a number offering their services on the internet. In reality I should probably have a contract for support with Microsoft but they tell me that I need to deal with Hp based on my product ref. However, I'm not sure that is a good idea as I've not been all that impressed by them when I've tried before. In any case I may not always have an Hp laptop! I take a risk as I open up my system so it can be accessed remotely. Should I trust them? I don't know but I've been OK so far having twice dealt with them in the past. I much prefer to try to sort out my own problems with help from people like you on forums. Thanks for your interest. Gordon 

HP Recommended

How do I uninstall windows live mail.  I have tried but cannot get it to work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.