Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-d4000 (4C803AV)

Hello all, unfortunately I also stumbled upon the infamous 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error.

I work with a HP 15,6" Laptop PC 15-d4000 (4C803AV), BIOS F.31., with Win 11 22H2.

No physical kill switch is present on the laptop, all privacy authorizations are already on.

Under Windows Device Manager the camera is no longer present.

If I look for hidden devices i see the HP TrueVision HD Camera greyed out.

No new Windows drivers ara available, if I scan for hardware changes nothing happens.

If I delete it in order to reinstall it, the line is gone for good and Windows doesn't prompt a new driver installation.

Reverting back to a previous restore point didn't solve the problem.

Camera drivers are not present in the HP support assistant, nor in the HP webpage of my product.

Do you have any working suggestion?

Thank you

My previous post was locked without solution.

I come back to the community because Windows Update found a firmware Update called "HP Inc. - Firmware - 15.32.0.0".

After flashing the new firmware, the problem was gone and the camera started working again.

BIOS name is now F.32.

Solved

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update 19.09.2023

After the latest Windows 11 update (Build 22621.2283) the camera stopped working again. No quick fix works.

Could you please suggest a solution, provide new drivers or forward the issue to someone?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @GRTpc2,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand that you're facing issues with your HP laptop's camera after a Windows 11 update. Camera issues can occur due to various reasons, including driver problems, software conflicts, or privacy settings. Here are some steps you can follow to try and resolve the issue.

Check Privacy Settings:

• Make sure that the camera is allowed access in the Privacy settings of Windows 11. To do this:
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Under Camera, ensure that "Allow apps to access your camera" is turned on.

Update Camera Drivers:

• Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause camera problems. Visit the HP website and look for the latest camera drivers for your laptop model. Download and install them.

Windows Update:

• Ensure that your Windows 11 is up-to-date. Sometimes, a new update might contain bug fixes for camera-related issues.

Check for App Conflicts:

• If you are trying to use the camera with a specific application (e.g., Zoom, Skype), ensure that the app itself is updated to the latest version.

Check for Windows Camera App:

• Open the Windows Camera app (you can search for it in the Start menu). If it works, it suggests that the camera hardware is functioning correctly, and the issue might be with specific applications.

Hardware Troubleshooting:

• If none of the software solutions work, there might be a hardware problem. 

Roll Back the Windows Update (as a last resort):

• If the issue started immediately after the latest Windows 11 update, and you are confident that the update is the cause, you can consider rolling back to the previous Windows version.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Windows Update.
    • Under Advanced options, select Recovery.
    • Under "Go back to the previous version of Windows 11," click Get started.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.