Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 360x pavilion 2-in-1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I’m having trouble getting my HP laptop to detect an external monitor. It has been working fine until now. It brings up the screen in settings > display and shows the 1 2 screens when I plug in the cable, but when I click “detect” it repeatedly states “didn’t detect another display”

I have already tried a new cable, uninstalling and reinstalling the display adaptors, shutting down and restarting, roll back to previous update on drivers, updating drivers & completed every update possible. I’ve also connected it successfully to someone else’s laptop, so clearly this is not an issue with the monitor or the cable. 

If there’s anything else I can do I’d greatly appreciate if anyone could help, I’m really at a loss of what to try next.

Thank you 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.