Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch025nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a problem with my HP Spectre. I can't seem to get the externally connected 4k monitor to work at 60hz. It can't seem to go above 30Hz. It's a brand new 4k Monitor (Philips Brilliance 328P) that supports 4k@60hz, the supplied HDMI cable is High Speed HDMI and the laptop seems to be using the Intel HD Graphics 630.

I believe it supports 4k@60hz however I can't seem to get it working. I have the monitor directly hooked up to my laptop (not using my Dock).

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Mark,

Taking a look at the manual of what I believe the 4k monitor is. On page 21 it says:

"HDMI 1.4/2.0 setting: The factory default setting is at HDMI 1.4, which supports most Blu-Ray/DVD players on the market. You can change the setting to HDMI 2.0, if your Blu-Ray/DVD player supports it.

Setting path: [OSD] / [Setup] / [HDMI] / [1.4, 2.0]"

https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/328p6vjeb_00/328p6vjeb_00_dfu_eng.pdf

Is there such a setting on the menu of the monitor?

Let me know,

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Mark,

Taking a look at the manual of what I believe the 4k monitor is. On page 21 it says:

"HDMI 1.4/2.0 setting: The factory default setting is at HDMI 1.4, which supports most Blu-Ray/DVD players on the market. You can change the setting to HDMI 2.0, if your Blu-Ray/DVD player supports it.

Setting path: [OSD] / [Setup] / [HDMI] / [1.4, 2.0]"

https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/328p6vjeb_00/328p6vjeb_00_dfu_eng.pdf

Is there such a setting on the menu of the monitor?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hello David,

You saved me here... It wasn't on that spot but I've gone through the menu and found the option.

Didn't expect it there to be honest. Cheers mate!

Thanks

Mark

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.