Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexOurari
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

AMD RADEON HD 7670M NOT WORKING - HP PAVILION G6 2205sk - BSOD (WATCHDOG VIOLATION)

HP Recommended
HP PAVILION G6 2205sk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, i have an HP PAVILION G6 2205sk, and it has 6gb ram, intel i5 3210M 2.5Ghz, Intel HD GRAPHICS 4000, AMD RADEON HD 7670M, but sadly My amd gpu is not working, every time i try to download the latest drivers from amd, it always crashes with a Blue screen of death and says "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION" and i can't get on desktop till i open safe mode and disable the amd graphics card. i have Windows 10 64BIT 20H2 Version.. can you please help? even when i open a game it crashes and a warning opens saying : 
"hz = 0"...etc

5 REPLIES 5
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,410 30,317 2,771 6,702
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AlexOurari 

You have Switchable Graphics -- and only the HP drivers are going to work properly on your laptop.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
AlexOurari
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello sir, thank you for replying but i only found the drivers for Windows 8 and not 10, does that mean windows 10 is not supported? even if i had wi ndows 8, i have found the AMD CATALYST only... not the driver. 

0 Kudos
AlexOurari
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sir please reply i've been waiting for a long time and you didn't respond.. you left me with 15/100 of the solution.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
AlexOurari
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WAWood

0 Kudos
AlexOurari
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation