Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-30-2020 04:01 PM
Comrades, please help. What to do if a discrete graphics card is not working on a laptop? If you look in the device manager, you can see that there are two video cards in the laptop: integrated (AMD Radeon R7 Graphics) and discrete (AMD Radeon R7 M340). At the same time, when games are launched, the discrete video card does not turn on.
10-01-2020 02:16 PM
- I also have the same issue in my laptop.
- I have hpbw084ax.
- Intergrated- r5 graphics
- Discrete-r7m340 graphics.
- In device manager both graphics are listed and both graphics can also be found in amd graphics driver but discrete graphic card is not working.
- only r5 integrated graphic is listed for both low performance as well as high performance under graphics properties in windows, there is not option for r7 graphic in high performance mode.
- So, solution given by you will not work.
- I have tried to search for solution all over internet but could not find it on any sites like amd community, tomshardware etc.
- Please find solution for this.
10-02-2020 11:50 AM
see, when playing games it shows only memory of integrated graphics, i.e. 500 mb
But I have discrete graphic of 2 GB which is not present here.
and here I also do not have option to switch to discrete graphics by using high performance.
Please suggest solution for this.
10-02-2020 01:18 PM
Currently, Windows 10 does not work correctly with Dual Graphics. The toggle setting you showed doesn't work. The only thing that makes a discrete graphics card work is switching to maximum performance in the advanced power plan settings. Do this and see with the FPS Monitor that the second video card is working.