Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilon DV6-6b30sw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a problem with AMD Radeon HD 6490M graphics card because windows 10 instead of downloading drivers from 6490M downloads from 7400m series. So in games the performance is average that is used only the card from the Intel HD 3000. When downloading drivers from the AMD website the same problem occurs - drivers from 7400m series are installed. I tried to install official drivers from HP laptop but they are on Windows 8 and after installing their game they still didn't search for AMD card and performance was even worse and the Intel driver didn't work at all. I tried to install drivers from leshcat also nothing gave still the same problem drivers from 7400m series were installed. I know I read that 6490m and 7400m series are on the same architecture. Besides, DXDIAG doesn't see any AMD card at all... I add Screenshots to prove that the card is not seen and using Driver from switching graphics also does not give anything. Downgrade to Windows 7 and 8 is not a game.
HP Pavilon Laptop DV6-6b30sw
Specification:
Processor I3 2330m
Intel HD graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6490M card

The 2015 WHQL 15.7.1 driver doesn't work and there's a problem with bad graphics recognition and these beta from 2016 I didn't try to install but I'll let you know and bios is up to date because I even installed a new version of bios and about this unknown device jumped out a message that windows system can't install the device an unknown device and the system can't find drivers for this device. And this Unknown Device is HP 3D DriveGuard

And i dsad.PNGhp test.PNGinforamcje.PNGsad.PNGXD.PNG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the driver you can use for the 3D driveguard (unknown device).

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

That would be the only thing I can help you with, because if you want the graphics to work right, you can only run W7 or W8 on your PC, and you have to use the ancient AMD/Intel switchable driver on the support page.

You can never update it, or the switchable graphics won't work. 

And if the unknown device appeared after you updated the BIOS, then it is not the 3D driveguard device, but the HP wireless button driver you need...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77545.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.