Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 14-1260se Beats
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hey,

Please are there ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series drivers for windows 8 64 bit? I have tried to update my HP ENVY 14-1260 BEATS drivers online. It automatically gave me a black screen. I could still hear the music I was playing before it went black. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @GEELZ

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing and issue with your computer's display. Happy to help. 

Have you tried to install the driver from AMD website?

Is your computer booting to the desktop now?

If your computer is booting the desktop. Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. 

If can also download and install the latest driver for your graphics card from AMD website as well. 

To make sure all the components are working correctly, you can run an extensive system test on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Chimney_83,

Thank you for your reply. 

I have tried to install the drivers from the AMD website. I selected "Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver" . After downloading the Radeon Crimson Relive and installing it, I received a message saying that AMD installer cannot continue due to unsupported Operating system(my OS is windows 8).

My computer only boots to the desktop if there's no AMD drivers installed. Furthermore, I ran the HP Support Assistant and it doesn't even notify me that the AMD graphics are not up to date, it says all the drivers are updated. The AMD graphics of the display adapter in Device Manager on my computer  still have that yellow sign.

Please how do I run the extensive sytem test on the computer? Is there any other solution for the issue? Please help.

Thank you

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and updating the drivers as suggested.

To run an extensive test. 

Shut down the computer. 

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping ESC or F2 to get the startup menu and select system diagnostics. 

In system diagnostics, you have an option to run an extensive test on the computer. 

You can refer to the article provided in my previous post. 

I checked the drivers' page for your computer on our website and found no drivers listed for Windows 8, 8.1 or 10.

This means that you will have to rely on Windows updates or HP Support Assistant for drivers.

Hope this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.