Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-dv1000

Hello, I’m looking at purchasing the Pavilion 14-dv1000.  I’m torn on which option to choose for the display, the options being - brightview 250 nits or anti glare 400 nits which is quite a bit more expensive making me think it’s superior, but I’m unsure. Is the anti glare screen matte or glossy?  I keep reading conflicting info to this question. I prefer a glossy look to the screen. I am not choosing the touch option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@thebalconyfool,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please find details different between anti-glare and bright view,

Brightview - Glossy finish

Adv :

Bright/crisp colors

Good to use in-room without much lighting.

Disadv:

Extremely reflective.

Anti-Glare/Matte - Its matte finish. It has an anti-reflective coating.

Adv :

Doesn't reflect light, so you get a good viewing experience even you have (sun) lights around.

Disadv :

Video/Image looks COMPARITIVELY dull  (its shows original color, whereas Brightview, shows enhanced colors)

I prefer Brightview as I mostly use it inside my room - without much light. 

BrightView is 1600X900 resolution and highly reflective (glossy).    The colors are far superior and the screen seems very rich and vibrant.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@thebalconyfool,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please find details different between anti-glare and bright view,

Brightview - Glossy finish

Adv :

Bright/crisp colors

Good to use in-room without much lighting.

Disadv:

Extremely reflective.

Anti-Glare/Matte - Its matte finish. It has an anti-reflective coating.

Adv :

Doesn't reflect light, so you get a good viewing experience even you have (sun) lights around.

Disadv :

Video/Image looks COMPARITIVELY dull  (its shows original color, whereas Brightview, shows enhanced colors)

I prefer Brightview as I mostly use it inside my room - without much light. 

BrightView is 1600X900 resolution and highly reflective (glossy).    The colors are far superior and the screen seems very rich and vibrant.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! Is it safe to assume all touch screens will be a glossy display? I’m looking at the Envy 360 now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.