Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the new driver update , the autorotation doesnt work and the toggle is grayed out ..I even reset the laptop ...but there is no change ...so I'm not able to use it in tent mode or tablet mode without manually changing the orientation to landscape ( flipped) or portrait..

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @Rahul236, Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try few steps recommended below.

You can try updating Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver and check if that helps.

Update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from this link. Click Here

Also, You can update other drivers on the PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, try changing few settings: 

Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected

Also, Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manager
Expand the Display Adapter section.
Find the Display card Driver.
Right-click Display card Driver and select Uninstall.
Select the checkbox to delete the driver software for this device.
Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Lastly, Change LastOrientation registry value.

If you have problems with Rotation Lock and if the rotation isn’t working on your device, you might have to change some registry values. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + R and type regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
When Registry Editor opens, you need to navigate to the following key in the left pane:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAutoRotation
In the right pane, find LastOrientation and double-click it.
In Value data box enter 0 and click OK to save changes.
If you see SensorPresent DWORD available, double-click it and make sure that its value is set to 1.

Refer this article to know more information about Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - just recently I have this same issue. I switch between tent mode and laptop from time to time and when I attempted to put the laptop (Spectre x360 15 ch0002 I think with the Intel/Vega 8705g chip) it didn;t flip the screen. Then tried to unlock the rotation lock but it's set to "on" and is greyed out.

I've tried all of the suggestions above and many more (regisrty update as above, flipping from one orientation manually to another, disbabling devices, stopping and restarting services, all of the device drivers are apparently up to date (or so the system tells me).

If I disable the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution and restart, the Rotation Lock option disappears altogether, which I guess should be expected, and if I re-enable it and restart, it's back again, but still greyed out.

I do not wish to reinstall or reset windows.

Can you help?

Greg

HP Recommended

@gregjohnmason
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

If Rotation Lock is greyed out or missing on your device, sometimes you just need to rotate it to portrait mode.
Fix – Rotation Lock greyed out / missing

1. Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
  2. Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
  3. Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

And also perform system software driver update using Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yeah thanks I did get it sorted eventually. 

I followed pretty much ALL of the troubleshooting tips to no avail. The HP Assistant said everything was up to date, but if I went into the HP Recovery Manager options to check drivers and other updates and compare versions it seems that there were many which weren't up to date. So I updated sensor drivers, display drivers and the BIOS, which also was not up to latest version (why does the HP Assistant not pick this up).

Anyway, I'm not sure which of those updates did the trick but I suspect it might have been the BIOS.

Of course there's no explanation why it stopped working in the first place.

Thanks for your interest though - looks like the key thing is to keep drivers and BIOS up to date, but my question is, why doesn't the HP Assistant or Windows Update take care of this?

Greg

HP Recommended

@gregjohnmason
Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

To get the answer to this question, Windows can automatically download and install important updates as they become available. However, optional updates and Microsoft updates are not downloaded or installed automatically. Important updates provide significant benefits, such as improved security and reliability. This feature can be turned on or off, or you can set Windows to automatically install recommended updates, which can address non-critical problems and help enhance your computing experience.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03330139 and https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04653848 to know more about Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.