Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
1 REPLY 1
12-26-2020 09:59 AM
Black spots are not normally something you "remove" - it might be a defect / injury to the screen.
Main document also provides links to other relevant content.
If the computer is within the Warranty period - contact HP Support.
Ignore the spot,
Repair the damaged screen yourself,
Take the computer to a local repair center.
Case submission is primarily directed at those whose devices are still in Warranty.
For the rest of us, this is not an option.
HP Support does not generally provide free service for out-of-warranty devices.
Our Community is not HP Support; we do offer help free of charge:
Scroll to bottom > Ask the Community
- If you wish to pay for out-of-warranty phone support, let us know and we will forward a request.
- HP is not a "general" repair facility: Requests for out-of-warranty repairs might NOT be accepted.
- If your device is in Warranty and you cannot submit your case to Support, let us know and we will forward a request.
HP Technical Support – Contact Information
Submit information / case online
Sign in or continue as a guest
- HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.
- HP Support USA does not post public phone numbers.
- HP Support USA requires online case submission - local contact options are displayed after the case is submitted.
Many roads lead to HP Support.
Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent
(here at the Community)
Open homepage for HP Community
At the top of the web page, hover mouse over Support
Beneath Support Resources > Contact Us
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting,User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community