Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 8.10.04 AM.png

 I want to know if this has a backlit keyboard

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BillBullard 

Welcome to the HP Community --

@BillBullard wrote:

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 8.10.04 AM.png

 I want to know if this has a backlit keyboard

There is no way to know unless you have the product number and the configuration for that exact machine.

What?

Some models provide the Backlit keyboard as an Optional accessory that can be purchased.

Some models provide the Backlit keyboard as a standard part of the model package.

Some models do not include the option, that is, the product does not come with and does not offer the Backlit keyboard.

Side Bar:

The photo does indicate the system comes with a silver-on-silver keyboard color.

These (in my opinion and in my experience) are difficult to see.

What?  The silver-on-silver color looks nice but the keys are nearly invisible against the same color background.

True - a Backlit keyboard option  helps -- and touch-typing is a plus (not having to look at the keyboard to type).

===============================================

When the model / series supports the Backlit keyboard option, the part number and other information will be found in the Maintenance and Service Guide for that system.

When the computer, that is, the exact machine includes the Backlit keyboard, this is typically part of the information found in PartSurfer when PartSurfer is searched using the system's serial number.

Example - Part Surfer check for the Backlit keyboard using the system's serial number:

31Z31AVM04679-001KBDPM CP+PS BL SR US

Find Product Number and more...

Video

Find Your HP Laptop Name, Product Number, or Serial Number | HP Notebooks | @HPSupport

OR

Find product and serial numbers for HP PCs, printers, and accessories

Never post serial number or any private information in the Community – we are a public resource.

=-\=-\=-\=-\=-\=-\=-\=-\=-\=-\=-\=-\=-

References / Resources

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, Security & Viruses, Software and Drivers, Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Accounts and Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open

HP Product Home

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.